Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pick N Pull: Round Two

I heard on the radio that Pick N Pull was having a half off sale. You can't really beat that. I'm kind of enjoying my time there due to the last two experiences being very fruitful and smooth.
My shopping list included (but was not limited to):
1. Sun Visor - those suckers are hard to find, like jelly belly's on a daycare floor they get snatched up pretty quick.
2. Heater Blower motor - mine was making a really awful noise because the rotor had disintegrated inside.
3. Grill for the Park Ave. - Yes I have a Buick Park Avenue, my grandpa was going to give it away to a charity, I said "I'm a charitable investment." He agreed, now I'm in gangster paradise.
4. A door for my Subaru - main purpose for the trip because this was going to be the most expensive and it was a half off.

All in all it was great. They only had one Park Avenue and it didn't have what I needed, so I didn't get the grill. But if two out of three ain't bad, three out of four must be even better. The door came off pretty easy off of a blue Subaru that got into a pretty bad accident that messed up the front end. But the door was in fine shape.

This is the inside of the door. Blue. And my fears came true as I looked at the wiring mounts when I got back to my house. They were different. So a longer and more tedious project was about to commence as I snipped away at wires I was unsure would ever live the rest of their life as a conductor due to not being compatible with my car.

Just look at that bloom of color. What a beautifully aggravating site. Luckily, Subaru uses the same colors for the same function on the door. Just in different shades of faded. The only thing the new door didn't have was the light down at the bottom that turns on when you open the door. I could care less about that. Here is the finished project.


As you can see, the blue door is in the best shape compared to the rest of the car. And I shall name it Francke-en-steen. Or Froderick. Either way, I love it. It's mine. It's my beast that I will keep until I can't fix it with a trip to Pick N Pull.

Total trip $47 and maybe 3 hours. Totally a great score.

7 comments:

jami said...

yeeessss! we are awesome!

Señor H said...

I forgot to mention how excited I was to use the drive through for Taco Tuesday at Del Taco. It was definitely the highlight of the day.

jami said...

haha..

Murdoc said...

Pretty sweet. You should totally rip off the hubcaps. It'd look tough.

scoeyd said...

You mean tuff..

Nicely done Dave H. You rock.

Señor H said...

Hubcaps?! What do you think I am, white trash? :) Those are solid rims baby. Plus if I had hubcaps, I'd get those spinners from the Wal-Marts down the street. And I'd leave one of them off, just to make sure it truly is tuff.

digapigmy said...

dude, is coolio even black? seriously, since when does gangsta have an "er" on the end?