Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Coping with Bunsen and Beaker

Jami and I have two cats, named Bunsen and Beaker. Some people can't imagine life without their pets, I sure can. I won't even get into Jami promising me these were short hair kittens and weren't. But since I just did get into it, I do miss the days of no cat hair on anything. Back when lint rollers were for lint and not for what seems like a whole lions mane on my black shirt.

But here is Sundays experience:

1) about 4am Wake up to a plunger like sound in the living room...a cat is about to throw up a hair ball. Roll over and go back to sleep.

2) about 4:10am Wake up again to a plunger like sound in the hall way...it's getting closer. Roll over and go back to sleep

3) about 4:30am Wake up to yet another plunger like sound right outside our room. Ask Jami if she wants to tag team the mess in our house. Nope. Roll over go back to sleep.

4) Wake up around 7am by choice, clean cat barf in four different spots in our house. It must have been Beaker because he barfs and runs. Bunsen gets the hairball out in one plunger. Beaker's at least a two plunger hair ball extractor. Time to go about the day.

5) Get home from soccer game at about 3:30pm. I took a shower and was really sore from the game, so I decided to stretch in the living room. While stretching, I smelt something foul, like poop. I was really hoping it wasn't me because I thought I was a better bather let alone wiper than that. But I still thought it was me. After some deductive reasoning, I came to the conclusion that the smell was coming from the living room.

6) about 4pm I ask Jami if she smells anything and she says yes.

7) from 4pm until about 5:45pm, it was a series of asking each other what that smell was and sniffing around the living room and spraying Fabreze on spots we thought were the source but to no avail.

8) While preparing to cook dinner, something caught my eye in the corner...something out of place...could this be the culprit?

9) 5:45pm YAHTZEE! Part of me was relieved that the smell wasn't coming from me and that we actually found the source of the smell and it could be delt with. But the other part of me really wanted to call my friend Tim. I've read that he knows how to take care of these cat situations.

12 comments:

TimmyMac said...

I'm retired . . . Nice picture, though!

Murdoc said...

At least Obama is going to be president. That'll solve all your problems. When he reintroduces the sacrificial system, you can offer Bunson & Beaker. Or, accidentally leave the door open. This is war Dave. Get home & snuff them.

laura said...

Your miserable suffering is definitely good for our entertainment:) I totally feel your pain (2 dogs, 1 cat). And I LOVE that picture!!!

No(dot dot)el said...

ohh dave , the stories i could tell you. pets are pets and not people and somehow when it comes to how much trouble they bring vs joy we treat them as though they are a part of the family, well... i am with ben it's not worth the heartache especially when you have a lil one crawling around. that being said i should listen to my own words.

jami said...

you are mean... winky winky

scoeyd said...

Send them via UPS to a lover of the felines.

You'll thank me later.

miss jessica said...

I am laughing right now...and laughing even harder at Jami's winky winky comment.

No(dot dot)el said...

is that me you are calling mean? the winky winky blog that tim has posted has got me all in a twitter now because i wink all the time but it's not so i can say mean stuff. it's just an old , somewhat genetic habit that is hard to break.

Señor H said...

No Noel. The mean thing was directed at me. And mainly because of that comment about Jami promising they were short hair cats. I think it's funny, she thinks I'm mean.

When our cat's do stuff like this, she gets sad because she knows I don't like them as much as she does.

Compromise has to equal outside during the day cat's. They're big boys now, they can handle themselves. But snuffing them/shipping them to China (I heard they really like cats Lou) would make the wife sad.

Murdoc said...

cat people in general are wacked. winky winky
Your cats barf so much because they sit & lick their privates all day long...

digapigmy said...

get a dog. they eat their own barf and feces. it sure helps with the cleaning. and makes it extra special when they lick you.

Erica said...

I had a cat who never got litter trained. My siblings nicknamed the sweet cat poo and run cause that is what she did all day long...no longer a cat fan